Sunday, January 18, 2009

bees michael! bees!!!

friday night i had a hot date with the one and only ms. james.
erin and i used to be roomies at melrose place. i have missed her over the last couple of years. we recently went to lunch and rekindled our friendship. we also spent new years eve together drinking while our dates played call of duty and the dog bit my arm.
anywhoo, i love her guts and on friday night we baked a cake. a bee cake. it is so cute!!! i have been doing a lot of baking this week.

here is the bee cake in the before stage


here it is being frosted


and here it is after. so cute.


and only the day before i made these wonderful cupcakes. i thought they looked like elephant seals. the boy i made them for didn't know what an elephant seal looked like. can you see the resemblance?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i have totally made the elephant seal/muffin reference before! i think it was a corm muffin from wild oats.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

a)Yay! You blog and I'm laughing a lot.
b) My sister bought this cake mold and I think it's pretty much the best thing ever.
c) This is Kjerstin. Because my handle is cryptic and my picture isn't much better. :)

Remember how I keep talking about lunch? I lose. (And feel guilty every time.)